In Uncategorized on January 7, 2014 at 7:31 pm

The printer is back up and running. The the new screw connector terminal block arrived yesterday. I was able to get it soldered on to the board today and have everything hooked up and printing as we speak.
I did get one extra little blob of solder on the board by accident. I should have vacuumed up that little blob but honestly I just didn’t think about it until right now while I was adding the photos to the blog. Otherwise I think it looks pretty good. The discoloration was from the wicking used when I was desoldering the previous piece. I hooked everything back on and turned the heat up on both the hot-end as well as the print bed. Both came up to temp pretty quickly and it did not appear to have trouble maintaining the heat. I started a test print after letting it sit like that for 10 minutes or so. I’m trying to print the new pawn design for the test. I did configure things a little bit differently this time. Originally I had the cooling fan hooked up directly to the power supply on the advice of the company I bought the kit from. This time I’ve hooked it up to the board so that I can control the fan speed with the software. I need different amounts of cooling for ABS and PLA so it made more sense to do it this way for me. It’s one less shoddy connection into the power supply harness as well which appeals to my OCD. Hopefully I’ll have some photos of the new pawn today, tomorrow at the latest. I’ll let you know how it goes.


  1. Woot congrats!

    Bout time you had some good news week!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: