sansthelight

Problems and hopefully solutions

In 3D Printing, Crafts on December 20, 2013 at 12:00 am

I finished my bishop chess piece design and got it printed.  I don’t think it works though.  So I redid it.  The top gear was too big and the piece as a whole was as tall as the king and a little broader.  I decided that the problem was the gear at the top so I redesigned it to be a bit smaller.  Here’s the before and after:

ImageImage

 

My other problems are with the queen.  Somehow the base has become very oblong and football shaped when it was supposed to be round.   I need to fix that.  I also managed to break part of the heart in the center.  I actually like the look of it better now.  I’m going to edit that to print it this style and change the way I print it out as well.   I also switched to PLA for these prints so that I could avoid curling and shrinking.  Somehow I ended up with a lot of curling on one of the queens as well.  I don’t know what the caused the curling but the rest of it should be fairly easy to fix.   It will just take some time.  Here are some photos of the problems.  Unless I change something else dramatically I probably won’t bother with posting new photos of the queens after the fixes.  I will post some of the pawns when I get that design figured out.  And then I will post some of the completed sets.  You will be able to see the new queens in those shots.

ImageImageImage

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: